Here are 5 kid- friendly burrito recipes, sure to have even the pickiest eater cheering for more. Serve for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner with a side of fruit or fresh cut veggies. You can also cut the burritos in half for a delicious afternoon snack, great for sharing with siblings or even between friends. The best part is these quick and easy burrito recipes can all be ready in less than 20 minutes, perfect for the on the go mom. They are so simple even your children can jump in and help, which makes for the ideal family fun time.
Chicken and Bean Burrito
• DRF Grilled Chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
• DRF Black Beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
• 1 ounce pre-shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 1/4 cup)
• Cooking spray
• 1/4 cup sour cream- optional
1. Heat DRF Chicken and Beans as instructed.
2. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces
3. Divide beans and chicken evenly among tortillas.
4. Top each burrito with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up each burrito jelly-roll fashion.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat both sides of burritos evenly with cooking spray. Place burritos in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut burritos in half. Top with sour cream if desired.
Shredded Beef and Refried Bean Burrito
• 1 – package burrito-size flour tortillas
• 1 – package of DRF Shredded Beef
• 1 – package of DRF Refried Beans
• 1 – (16 ounce) package shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Filling of your choice:
Lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped onion, sliced avocado, black olives, sour cream
1. Heat DRF Shredded Beef and Refried Beans as instructed.
2. While your meat is cooking you can shred the lettuce, chop the tomatoes, chop the onions, slice the avocados, and drain the liquid from the black olives.
3. When the meat and the beans are done you can assemble your burritos. Take a tortilla and spread a thin layer of beans on half of it. Add the meat and sprinkle on the cheese. Add desired fillings. Roll up burrito and serve.
• 4 burrito-sized tortillas (8 – 10 inch)
• 1 cup DRF Refried Beans
• 1 Roma tomato diced
• 2 cups chopped lettuce
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
• 1 cup Guacamole or chopped avocado
• 1/2 cup sliced black olives
• 1/2 cup shredded non-dairy or dairy cheese
• 1/2 cup non-dairy or dairy sour cream
• Optional DRF Mexican Rice with vegetables
1. Heat the DRF Refried Beans and DRF Mexican Rice
2. Heat the tortillas in a frying pan or on a griddle
3. Spread 1/4 cup Refried beans on one half of each tortilla
4. Top each tortilla with the remaining 7 ingredients
5. Fold in the side of each tortilla, then fold over the opposite sides to make an envelope
Brown Rice and Bean Burrito
- 1/4 cup DRF Mexican rice
- 1 tablespoon shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 whole wheat 8-inch tortilla
- 2 tablespoons DRF black beans
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced or shredded carrots
1. Heat Rice and Black Beans.
2. Mash the avocado and lime juice together in a small bowl with a fork until it becomes a spreadable consistency. Spread the mashed avocado one half of the tortilla.
3. Top with the beans, rice, cheese, and shredded carrots. Roll over once tightly, then tuck in the sides and continue rolling. Cut in half and enjoy
Bean and Cheese Burrito
• 32 ounces DRF Refried beans
• 8 ounces Triple Cheddar Cheese, shredded
• 1 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1. Heat DRF Refried Beans
2. Spoon approximately 4 ounces bean filling into the center of each tortilla and top with about one tablespoon of cheese.
3. Fold in ends and then sides.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat both sides of burritos evenly with cooking spray. Place burritos in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut burritos in half. And top with additional cheese for an extra cheesy burrito.
Salsa de Molcajete Roja
Top any of the above burritos with our delicious Salsa de Molcajete Roja, for a spicy take on these kid friendly recipes.