Save time and money with our Del Real Foods Good Value Meal Recipes. Your family can enjoy a delicious and authentic Mexican meal without hurting your wallet and without spending too much time in the kitchen. Depending on the ingredients you use, you can feed a family of 5 for as low as $1.70 per person.
Take a look at the Approximate Cost table below to get an approximate cost of each meal depending on the ingredients you use. You’ll be surprised on how cheap it can be to have delicious meal at the comfort of your own home.
Feeds: Family of 5
Approximate Cost: As low as $1.70 per person
Preparation Time: 15-20 min.
If your vegetarian and want something quick and simple, the plain chilaquiles are perfect for you. Simply fry the tortilla chips, and add our All Natural Del Real Foods Salsa. You’ll have a meal in just minutes for as little as $1.70 per person!
Chilaquiles with Rice and Beans
Make it a combo by adding our ready-to-eat Del Real Foods Refried Beans and our Del Real Foods Mexican Rice. You’ll have a great Mexican cuisine in your dinner table without spending too much time in the kitchen to prepare it. You’ll only spend about $4.09 per person!
Chicken Chilaquiles with Rice and Beans
If you’re a more of a meat lover, add Del Real Foods Shredded Chicken and a side of our Del Real Foods Rice & Beans to each plate to fully experience the restaurant style meal at your own home. It’s simple and everyone will be delighted with this rich and savory meal. Approximate price is only $5.49 per person!
1. Cut corn tortillas in triangles
2. Warm up Del Real Foods Rice Del Real Foods Beans (Optional) and Del Real Foods Shredded Chicken (Optional) according to package instructions and set a side.
3. In a large skillet, heat 2 cups of oil to 350 degrees
4. Carefully fry tortilla strips until crisp and golden brown.
5. Remove tortilla chips from heat and drain in paper towels.
6. Remove excess oil from pan to only leave a thin layer
7. Over medium heat, return the fried tortilla chips to the skillet
8. Add Del Real Foods Shredded Chicken (Optional) and Del Real Foods Salsa de Molcajete Roja and mix.
9. Let it broil for about 3 minutes.
10. Top with cheese (Optional) and serve immediately along a side of rice and beans (Optional). Enjoy!