- 1 pound pasta, suggested: cavatappi
- 1 package Del Real Pork Chile Verde
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1.5 cups milk, whole milk suggested
- 6 oz white american cheese, cubed
- 8 oz monterey jack cheese, cubed or shredded
- ½ tsp ancho chili (or to taste)
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp Del Real Foods Salsa de Molcajete Verde
- Zest from 1 lime, divided
- 2 cups frozen corn, or pre-cooked removed from cob
- Chile en polvo
- Queso fresco (approx. 1/4 cup suggested)
Prepare pasta according to package directions, if using frozen corn, add to pasta during last minute of cook time, drain and set aside.
Microwave Del Real Foods Pork Chile Verde according to package directions and allow to rest.
While pasta is cooking, melt butter in large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add flour, one tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Reduce heat to medium and allow simmering for 30 seconds to a minute, stirring with a whisk.
Pour in milk slowly as to not drop the temperature of your butter and flour mixture.
Once milk is added, stir in cheese, stirring to avoid browning. Adjust temperature as necessary (it can differ by pan)
Once cheese is fully integrated, add spices, salsa and half of the lime zest and remove from heat.
In the pot you used to boil your pasta, combine Del Real Foods Pork Chile Verde, pasta and corn.
Stir in cheese sauce. Once fully combined, transfer to serving dish and top with remaining lime zest, cilantro and crumbled queso fresco. Sprinkle your dish with powdered chili and add a few squirts of lime juice. Enjoy!