How to make a Salpicon Salad? - Del Real FoodsOur Salpicon Salad makes a great lunch or appetizer! Join Sergio in the test kitchen to see how to make this fabulous dish!
- 1 (5 oz.) bag prepared spring salad mix
- 1/2 each: red onion and red bell pepper, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (16-oz.) Del Real® Shredded Beef, heated according to package directions
- Citrus Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- Chopped cilantro
- Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1 1/4 cups Del Real® Salsa De Molcajete Roja
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon each: salt and minced fresh garlic
Evenly divide salad mix onto four plates. Top each salad with red onion, bell peppers, radishes and sliced avocado. Evenly divided and place Del Real Shredded Beef in the center of each salad. Drizzle with desired amount of Citrus Vinaigrette over entire salad. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
In small bowl, whisk Del Real Salsa De Molcajete Roja and remaining dressing ingredients together; blend well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Whisk dressing well before serving.
Makes 4 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes