Del Real Foods - How to make an easy BBQ Pulled Pork SandwichYou can have this amazingly succulent BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, topped with a freshly made cabbage mix, all under 30 minutes. Just follow our easy step-by-step instructions and you will have dinner r...
- 2/3- Cup vegetable oil
- 1/3- Cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1- Teaspoon salt
- ½- Teaspoon each: ground black pepper and celery seed
- 3- Cups each: shredded red and white cabbage
- 1½- Cups barbecue sauce
- 1- Teaspoon chipotle with adobe sauce, pureed
- 1- 32oz package Del Real Foods® Carnitas, pulled apart into shreds
- 12- Large French rolls, toasted
In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and salt, pepper and celery seed. Add cabbage and toss until mixed well; set aside. In large saucepan, combine barbecue sauce with chipotle puree; blend well. Heat sauce over low heat until hot: stirring often. Slowly add Del Real Foods® Carnitas to chipotle barbecue sauce. Gently stir carnitas in sauce until heated through; remove from heat. Evenly divide carnitas mixture among hot toasted rolls and top with approximately 1/2 cup coleslaw. Serve immediately
Serving Suggestions: This recipe would make a great appetizer. Simply spoon approximately 1 Tablespoon of the BBQ pulled pork mixture on individual tortilla chips. Top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and broil until hot and bubbly.