- For the egg rolls:
- 1 Package Del Real Carnitas
- 1 Cup of Diced White or Yellow onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped Cilantro
- 1 Package Egg Roll Wrappers
- Small Bowl of Water
- Vegetable Oil for Cooking
- For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Del Real Green Molcajete
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Black Bean Sauce (found in a jar in the Asian foods section)
These Easy to Make Egg Rolls, inspired by classic street tacos, use Del Real Carnitas and fresh onions and cilantro as the filling. The dipping sauce takes Del Real’s Green Molcajete to the next level!
Take egg roll wrappers out of the fridge and bring to room temperature. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook Carnitas according to package directions. Dice onion and chop up the cilantro. Mix prepared carnitas with diced onion and chopped cilantro. Place one egg roll wrapper on a flat surface, in a diamond shape. Place 1/4 cup of carnitas filling in the middle of the egg roll wrapper. Fold the bottom up, then fold in the sides, then roll upwards to close. Seal with a little water on your fingers. Repeat until you run out of filling. Place egg rolls on a greased baking sheet and thoroughly spray or coat with vegetable oil. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, flipping the egg rolls over after 10 minutes. For the sauce: Whish all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve hot, with dipping sauce, sour cream, and slices of lime.