- 2- 5oz bags prepared spring salad mix
- 1- Each: red onion and red bell pepper, sliced into wedges
- 1- Cup sliced radishes
- 2- Medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1- 32oz package Del Real Foods® Carnitas
- Citrus Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- Chopped Cilantro
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 1/4 cups Del Real Foods® Salsa de Molcajete Roja
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon each: salt and minced fresh garlic
Heat the Del Real Foods® Carnitas by following the instructions on the package.Evenly divide salad mix onto eight plates. Top each salad with red onion, bell peppers, radishes and sliced avocado. Evenly divide and place Del Real Foods® Carnitas in the center of each salad. Drizzle with desired amount of Citrus Vinaigrette over entire salad. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately. Makes 8 entrée servings.
In small bowl, whisk Del Real Foods® Salsa de Molcajete Roja and remaining dressing ingredients together; blend well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Whisk dressing well before serving.
Serving Suggestions: Next time try this salad with Del Real Foods® Beef Barbacoa or Chicken Tinga. It also makes a tasty salad!